Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Execute C:\test.bat - is skipped by qvb.exe task

Hi.

A qvw file with an Execute statement calling a bat-file with som ftp-commands is working fine, when reloaded manually. But reloaded through the Qlikview Server (a scheduled Task), the qvw file is reloaded, but the Qlikview Server skips the Execute statement, and the bat-file is never called.

Why is that? Is it possible to use the Execute command in a qvw file and get it to work with a task-reload through the qv-server?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Although the Execute statement is followed by an absolute path, it looks like the qvw file has to be placed in the same folder as the bat file.  Strange, but doing that, the Execute statement isn't skipped by the qv-server task (QV 11 initial release).

Not applicable
Author

bump for this one.

i have the same problem. Used your advice and everything is in the same folder now. Still not working.

any ideas.

marcus_sommer

Possibly the server-user had not the proper access rights.

Not applicable
Author

Server has indeed the necessary permissions. I changed my .bat file to a .vbs file and now is working fine. I really have no clue on why this happend. Anyway thnks for the anserw.

Cheers

Juan Pedro