Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export Huge table in Excel

Dear All,

Even i am facing an issue at my end . when I export the huge table into excel through IE it works fine and when i export the small file in ajax then also works fine but it wont work when no of rows are more than 65K. . is this a limitation in ajax or something else . can anybody suggest me on this

Regards

Himanshu

9 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

There is no such limitation.

bismart
Creator
Creator

Limitation is with Excel, by the sounds of it

Check out

http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002533_Importing_Huge_Data_Files.html

suniljain
Master
Master

I am talking about Excel 2007

Not applicable
Author

The problem seems to be that QV exports in xls format rather than xlsx format.. so it drops rows..

suniljain
Master
Master

QV export in XLS or XLSX . it is totally depends on MS Office version you intalled on QV Server.

if it is below 2007 then it will export in XLS otherwise in XLSX.

etay_netintent
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello

I Just attempted to "Send to excel" in an Excel2007 enviroment.

Got a xls file...

Etay Elazar

jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

We also need to be able to export to the native .xlsx format from QlikView. I've tested some cases and conclude that a) this does not depend on the Excel 2007 "Save files in this format" option nor b) it is not controlled by the version of Excel running in the environment.

I have tested this both on the server and in the desktop 9.0 client. Both environments are using Excel 2007 with the default save format set to .xlsx. In both cases QlikView exports to an .xls file when using the XLS icon. When using the Export command, .xlsx isn't even an available option.

Can someone from QlikTech please weigh in on this?

James

Not applicable
Author

jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Sorry, the example application in that post doesn't work either. It simply changes the output file extension to .XLS, but the output file is still BIFF, the same as a .XLS file.

QlikView script can READ a .XLSX file; I need for it to WRITE a file in that format.