cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export txt file from bat / external program

Hi all,

I have a bat file "Export av TEST (inkl Makroexekvering).bat" with command line:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv2.exe" "D:\QlikView Storage\Private Data\Source Documents\In Production\Export av TEST.qvw"

In other words, the bat file opens a QlikView document in QlikView Desktop.

The QV document has an OnOpen trigger that runs a macro. The macro exports document object CH206 to a textfile.

I have tried the bat file and it works perfectly. But when scheduling an external program on "Supporting Tasks" in QV Publisher I experience some problems. When I run the job the txt file is actually created, but the job itself seems to never finish. Has run over an hour, though the export of the txt file took like a second. Anyone know a solution to this problem? Is there a way to exit the job after the command line has been executed?

Command line for my job is: "D:\QlikView Storage\Private Data\Cmd Files\Export av TEST (inkl Makroexekvering).bat"

Also, if you have other suggestions of better ways how to export txt files from QlikView objects (not involving reload), that would also be welcome. This solution doesn't feel optimal

Best regards,
Filip

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anyone please?

marcus_sommer

I think you need to close the qvw again after the export with a quit-statement. Here an example: Re: Vbs - passing parameters to opendoc or opendocex

- Marcus