cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

External push of dynamic updates

I'm trying to understand how an external process can add data to a server document using the dynamic update interface. I can find plenty of examples where ActiveDocument.DynamicUpdateCommand() is called from within the same document. But how is it invoked from an external source? John Trigg mentions such a capability in this post:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/23626/90252.aspx

"Your sales QVW is reloaded once every 4 hours. In between an external function can detect changes in the underlying order database and send inserts, updates and deletions into the sales QVW via the new dynamic update interface. "

Here's my example scenario. When a row is inserted in a DB table, I want to push that row immediately to the qlikview document.

Does the external function open the QV doc to get a handle and then execute "handle.DynamicUpdateCommand()"?

Thanks,
Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

John pointed me to the Call Center.qvw example that ships with QV9. This answers my question.

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

John pointed me to the Call Center.qvw example that ships with QV9. This answers my question.

-Rob

Not applicable

Hi Rob,

I am facing the same issue as you had before, can you please let me understand what you got by  Call Center.qvw

And most important how to deal with it by QV11