Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

External push of dynamic updates

I'm trying to understand how an external process can add data to a server document using the dynamic update interface. I can find plenty of examples where ActiveDocument.DynamicUpdateCommand() is called from within the same document. But how is it invoked from an external source? John Trigg mentions such a capability in this post:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/23626/90252.aspx

"Your sales QVW is reloaded once every 4 hours. In between an external function can detect changes in the underlying order database and send inserts, updates and deletions into the sales QVW via the new dynamic update interface. "

Here's my example scenario. When a row is inserted in a DB table, I want to push that row immediately to the qlikview document.

Does the external function open the QV doc to get a handle and then execute "handle.DynamicUpdateCommand()"?

Thanks,
Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

John pointed me to the Call Center.qvw example that ships with QV9. This answers my question.

-Rob

2 Replies

John pointed me to the Call Center.qvw example that ships with QV9. This answers my question.

-Rob

Not applicable

Hi Rob,

I am facing the same issue as you had before, can you please let me understand what you got by  Call Center.qvw

And most important how to deal with it by QV11

Community Browser