Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to open document for unknown reasons

Hello,

We have QlikView 10 SR1. One of our users is trying to access one of the dashboards from the access point on internet explorer. Everytime she logs in she gets the pop up message that says "Failed to open document for unknown reasons". Every other user is still able to access the same document and she was able to access the same document until this morning as well.

I took a few steps in order to troubleshoot the problem:

1- I got her to logon on another computer to make sure it's not her setting on her computer. She still got the same error. So at this point I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this user on the server.

2- I deleted her user name from document CAL users and then added her back in. No luck.

3- I reloaded the dashboard

4- After reading this document http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/39574/156048.aspx#156048 I though it might have something to do with input fields so I recreated the input fields and renamed them hoping it would ger rid of anything that might have been saved in .SHARED file. This did not help either. I really don't want to delete the .SHARED file because then all users will loose their server objects.

I would appreciate any suggestions, If anybody has some knowledge regarding this matter.

Thanks

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We fixed this by going to the Access_Point folder, deleting the .qvw, .shared and .meta files. Then run the reload task to re-publish to the Access_Point.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I read about that as well but we can't remove the shared file as it will remove the server objects of all the other users.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it will. But I know of no other fix.

Not applicable
Author

Hello!

We have exactly the same issue at our company and after investigating the problem together with the QlikTech Support Technicians, they found a bug (bug# 36813) in the software. It turned out that a corrupted .shared file is causing the issue.

This bug is supposed to be fixed in QV 10 SR2 which is supposed to be released on 13th April. Let's hope that this will resolve the issues indeed.

In the meanwhile, I adviced my user to use the credentials of another user until the problem is fixed, so that I do not have to delete the corrupted .shared file and lose all custom objects.

Hopefully this helps you!

Kind regards,

Sergey

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

As Sergey pointed out, this is a known issue that was reported and has been fixed in SR2 of QlikView 10, which is scheduled for release next week if all goes by plan.

The fix has been tested by a customer and was reported to have worked, and we are currently waiting on more feedback for additional confirmations. A beta version of an update for SR1 is actually available on the download site, although customers need to request access through the respective channels.

/Sonja

QT Support.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

but if it works, you can open the document as a developer in qlikview developer and just delete just the failing objects.

Not applicable
Author

Has anyone seen this on Version 9? How does the .SHARED file get corrupted? Why does it work again with a re-publish?

Not applicable
Author

We had a similar problem. Solved by deleting the files '.shared' and '.meta'.

Then perform the task of recharging the Access_Point.

Bgarland Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

I rebooted the QV server and the problem was solved