Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to open document for unknown reasons

Hello,

We have QlikView 10 SR1. One of our users is trying to access one of the dashboards from the access point on internet explorer. Everytime she logs in she gets the pop up message that says "Failed to open document for unknown reasons". Every other user is still able to access the same document and she was able to access the same document until this morning as well.

I took a few steps in order to troubleshoot the problem:

1- I got her to logon on another computer to make sure it's not her setting on her computer. She still got the same error. So at this point I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this user on the server.

2- I deleted her user name from document CAL users and then added her back in. No luck.

3- I reloaded the dashboard

4- After reading this document http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/39574/156048.aspx#156048 I though it might have something to do with input fields so I recreated the input fields and renamed them hoping it would ger rid of anything that might have been saved in .SHARED file. This did not help either. I really don't want to delete the .SHARED file because then all users will loose their server objects.

I would appreciate any suggestions, If anybody has some knowledge regarding this matter.

Thanks

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I also face same problem.

I just restart all qlikview services,Problem get resolved.

Not applicable
Author

Chek the shared object belong to that particular user using power tool and delete those shared object only. And then ask her to access the report . (do not delete complete object ).

Power tool is Sharedfile Handler