Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

Fetching of records

Hello,

I am using various volatile teradata tables in my qlikview application. After creating all the volatile tables I am selecting all the fields with select statement . There are 54,259,926 lines fetched .In teradata the records are fetched with in ten to fifteen minutes .But in qlikview it takes more than four hours. What needs to be done to reduce the duration . The records keeps increasing since the data keeping adding in all the teradata tables everymonth .

Can anyone please guide me on how to resolve the duration problem of fetching of records in qlikview

7 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

is incremental load an option?

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Will the incremental load resolve the problem . ?

But why in qlikview it takes more time to fetch the records. It is close to five hours

suniljain
Master
Master

Incremental load will help you to reduce reload time . There is no need to do full reload every day . You can just fetch newly created , updated , deleted records from Teradata.

Incremental load will reduce total reload time by 70-80% .

Not applicable

1) Take only required Columns or fields from Database

2) Fetch data without using any filters or functions and create QVDs

3) Use Incremental Load feature

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am not doing reload everyday . Only once a month . Fourth of every month report gets reloaded. How this needs to be incorporated in qlikview if I am trying to use incremental load.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check this.

Regards

ASHFAQ