Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gussfish
Creator II
Creator II

Flood of POSTs outside of user sessions

Hi everyone,

We're using QlikView 10.0.9061.7 on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition X64 (Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2), and I'm investigating why our QVWS service mysteriously stopped last night.  As part of this, I discovered that

• there were no user sessions on Saturday or Sunday, going by the QVS Sessions logs
  • yet QVWS logged over 1.5 million "Request received [POST]: https://<server>/scripts/QVSTunnel.dll?host=localhost" events, with corresponding Tunnel-request and Tunnel-response messages.

What could be causing this flood of events?  How can I identify their source?

Thanks,

Angus.

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Angus,

This is normally caused by someone using the plugin or Open in Server from the developer client and port 4747 is blocked. The connection is trying to switch to tunneling and that is what you see above.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
gussfish
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Bill,

thanks for that response.  A couple of questions:

1. Is the "plugin" to which you're refering the IE8 plugin?
  2. I don't quite catch your drift in your second sentence "The connection one try to switch...".

Angus.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, that you be the IE8 Plugin. I'm not sure what happen on the second sentence, but I will try again.

If port 4747 is not open they connection will try to tunnel and if tunneling isn't setup that is the error you will see.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.