Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Folder Access missing after upgrade to 11.2

Hi!

I've just installed a Qlik Server (no publisher) 11.2 SP6 and compare the installation with Qlik 10. I can't find Folder Access (found in QEMC verson 10 under System) with the possibility to set Document Administrators like the customer did in version 10.

Have Qlik changed the possibility to do this in version 11 without Publisher or do I miss something?

Regards

Åsa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

Asa,

This is working as design, you won't see the folder access or document administrators without a publisher license. You can read the Qlikview server reference manual pg. 59

Document Administrators

To delegate the responsibility of creating tasks to people not part of the QlikView Administrators group, users can be appointed document administrators. The document administrators are only allowed to access the tabs in QMC that are related to either user documents or source documents.

Note! The use of document administrators requires a QlikView Publisher license.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Its available,

Look at the attached image.

Can you post screenshots explaining the same.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

No I can't see Folder Access. I've checked with another installation without publisher as well. See attached image

NoFolderAccess.png

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Can you post the same image from version 10.

Highlighting what you required.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Version 10 with Folder Access compare above version 11.2 without

NoFolderAccessVer10.png

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Its the same,nothing changed or missed.

Can you highlight in image missing part.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

Asa,

This is working as design, you won't see the folder access or document administrators without a publisher license. You can read the Qlikview server reference manual pg. 59

Document Administrators

To delegate the responsibility of creating tasks to people not part of the QlikView Administrators group, users can be appointed document administrators. The document administrators are only allowed to access the tabs in QMC that are related to either user documents or source documents.

Note! The use of document administrators requires a QlikView Publisher license.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik