Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shayraber
Creator
Creator

GD after upgrade QV server

Hi again,

after upgrading QV from 11.2 to 12 November 2017 SR2 we are facing issues with GD 2.0.5

all described in details in the attached document.

can, someone, please, advise?

regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

hi,

managed to handle this issue.

used this script (edited a bit the original one):

// Timestamp formats. The default timestamp format "TimestampFormat" - what is used by Publisher & how the timestamps will be displayed in the Governance Dashboard

SET TimestampFormat = 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'; //  This should be changed only if the Publisher machine in your system uses a timestamp format not included in the three TimestampFormat variables.

//SET TimestampFormat = 'YYYYMMDDThhmmss.sTZD'; //  This should be changed only if the Publisher machine in your system uses a timestamp format not included in the three TimestampFormat variables.

SET TimestampFormat1 = 'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT'; // First "fall back" timestamp option in case Publisher server has different locale/timestamp than the default.

//SET TimestampFormat1 = 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'; // First "fall back" timestamp option in case Publisher server has different locale/timestamp than the default.

//SET TimestampFormat2 = 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss'; // Second fall back timestamp format

SET TimestampFormat2 = 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss'; // Second fall back timestamp format

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The issue is arounf the timestamp format.

What you should do is open the log and note down the format.

And put that format in the variable specified in the script.

For example, if your log file has MM-DD-YYYY hh:mm:ss format then change the variable in the script like below.

SET TimestampFormat        = 'MM-DD-YYYY hh:mm:ss';

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

hi Kaushik,

I read the notes and looked at the script.

BUT

if that the case then, how do I edit the variable?

before upgrading I had a time stamp: YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss

and after the upgrade the time stamp is: YYYYMMDDThhmmss.000+0200

here's why I have 2 issues:

1. how do I set the variable to get the new format?

2. I want the GD to have both data, prior the upgrade and after, including the two formats of timestamp...

I don't want to analyze only new data BUT also the historical one

Regards,

Shay

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. You need to go to script and change the variable format.

2. To be able to use the old one, you need to change the second variable format.

This should work as per me.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi again,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I've tried but it still doesn't work.

This is the original script:

// Timestamp formats. The default timestamp format "TimestampFormat" - what is used by Publisher & how the timestamps will be displayed in the Governance Dashboard

SET TimestampFormat = 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'; //  This should be changed only if the Publisher machine in your system uses a timestamp format not included in the three TimestampFormat variables.

SET TimestampFormat1 = 'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT'; // First "fall back" timestamp option in case Publisher server has different locale/timestamp than the default.

SET TimestampFormat2 = 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss'; // Second fall back timestamp format

LET vTracePublisherTimestampMsg = 'Default Timestamp which will be used is: $(TimestampFormat).';

How to edit it? according to the time stamps i've mentioned above?

the gap is how to write the format which will describe the new time stamp, for example: '20180204T155429.000=0200'

Regards,

shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

hi,

managed to handle this issue.

used this script (edited a bit the original one):

//SET TimestampFormat = 'YYYYMMDDThhmmss.sTZD'; //  This should be changed only if the Publisher machine in your system uses a timestamp format not included in the three TimestampFormat variables.

//SET TimestampFormat1 = 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'; // First "fall back" timestamp option in case Publisher server has different locale/timestamp than the default.

//SET TimestampFormat2 = 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss'; // Second fall back timestamp format

SET TimestampFormat2 = 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss'; // Second fall back timestamp format