Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

General ODBC Error

hi...

I am trying to refresh certain qlikview files. When I reload it on my local machine, I able to access the database through the ODBC connection but when I place the file on server and try to refresh it automatically, it gives me the following error.

The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\Examples\Analysis.qvw. Errors: 4 ScriptError: General ODBC Error, ScriptErrorList: General ODBC Error General ODBC Error General ODBC Error General ODBC Error

I am not able to identify the error. Any inputs would be really helpful.

Thank you.

Regards

Kumar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the server, close all the windows ODBC windows to avoid confusion which is 64-bits and which is 32-bits.

Run "c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe" to see the list of 32-bit ODBC's that are installed in the server. Is the ODBC you want to connect to there?

Since you are reloading with the 32-bit QV on the server your ODBC has to be created there.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Which version of QlikView are you using?

I imagine that the server is 64-bits so if you are using the version 9 and you have QV 32-bit installed in the server, make sure to use the 32-bit ODBC to connect to the database or if you have QV 64-bit installed in the server then make sure to use the 64-bit ODBC.

If you are using QV version 10 then in the script menu select the correct option connect to a 64-bit or 32-bit ODBC.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl...

I am using the Qlikview Version 9 but the Qlikview server is version 8.

I am not able to locate the 32 bit or 64 bit ODBC connection options on the connection screen.

Can you tell me how to identify whether my version and the qlikview server version have 32 or 64 bits?

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards

Kumar

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the server, close all the windows ODBC windows to avoid confusion which is 64-bits and which is 32-bits.

Run "c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe" to see the list of 32-bit ODBC's that are installed in the server. Is the ODBC you want to connect to there?

Since you are reloading with the 32-bit QV on the server your ODBC has to be created there.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

Thanks a lot...You were right...The ODBC driver was pointing to a different database as compared to the local machine. I reconfigured it and its working fine.

Thanks once again....You saved me a lot of time which I was spending in manually refreshing the files.

Regards

Kumar

Not applicable
Author

But in windows 7 64 bits don't work. I select the odbc of ms access in the scrpit but nothing happens. Can You help me? What is the probleme?