Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get access to the extension properties from JavaScript

Hello,

Is it possible to get access to the extension properties from JavaScript? In example how to get value of .Chart.Dimension.0.Label property or .Chart.ExtendedProperty.0.Value? Also where I can find list of available .qvpp files?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can anyone just say Yes/No? Is it supported or not?

Not applicable
Author

There is currently no way to read properties from the javascript code. The only thing you can do is set the property by calling

this.Layout.SetProperty(propertyName, propertyValue);

What do you mean by "available .qvpp files"? Are you talking about built-in qvpp used by standard QlikView objects or about the properties that can be bind to an HTML element in the qvpp file?

Not applicable
Author

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I've meant the built-in qvpp files like: .Chart.Expression.0.0.NumberFormat:NumberFormat.qvpp.
Basically what I wanna do is to set a value using the properties page and then from the javascript to obtain this value in order to change how extension behaves or looks like. It is possible at all or I have to use another technique?

Not applicable
Author

As far as i know there is no documentation about built-in qvpp files... I don't think you can do what you want, from what I understand, you can only read evaluation of expressions in the code. Some properties may have consequences on the data (number formatting for example will change the text attribute while keeping the same data attribute), but there is no way to directly read the content of the properties.