Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting Map of QMC Scheduled Tasks

Hello ,

Is there a mean by which we could export into files all the informations of tasks scheduled in the QMC :

• Tasks
  • Triggers
  • Frequency (Daily , monthly , Start Hour ,….. )
  • Tasks dependencies
  • Tasks locations in server directory

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Those QDS scheduler properties already are available in "files", more precisely XML files which can be easily read by QlikView. On your server platform, have a look in directory C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR.

Note that this folder contains almost everything the QMC is capable of configuring.

rwunderlich has a nice tool to parse these files and make some sense out of them. Visit the QVPR Analysis item on his QlikView tools page.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can try with a combination of System Monitor & Governance Dashboard.

Regards

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Those QDS scheduler properties already are available in "files", more precisely XML files which can be easily read by QlikView. On your server platform, have a look in directory C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR.

Note that this folder contains almost everything the QMC is capable of configuring.

rwunderlich has a nice tool to parse these files and make some sense out of them. Visit the QVPR Analysis item on his QlikView tools page.

Best,

Peter

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yeah, I totally forgot about the QVPR Analysis tool. It's great!

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Alejandro,

I'll study this solution. But my question is quite simple :

"I need QMC informations (logged in Qlikview System Data files for example  ,... ) ,to build a map of all tasks scheduled. At this time, we have tens of active tasks in the QMC scheduler ,inter-acting themselves..

These data  files (if existed) could be loaded into  a Qlikview application.So  I wish i could have a sort of global vision

of all the tasks scheduled.

Best regards

Joe 

Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

Actually, i found in the Directory C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR  3 interesting xml files

TaskCategory , TaskDepedency ,Trigger.

Their contents seem quite not simple to be operated.'ll have a look.

Best regards