Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting Map of QMC Scheduled Tasks

Hello ,

Is there a mean by which we could export into files all the informations of tasks scheduled in the QMC :

• Tasks
  • Triggers
  • Frequency (Daily , monthly , Start Hour ,….. )
  • Tasks dependencies
  • Tasks locations in server directory

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Those QDS scheduler properties already are available in "files", more precisely XML files which can be easily read by QlikView. On your server platform, have a look in directory C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR.

Note that this folder contains almost everything the QMC is capable of configuring.

rwunderlich has a nice tool to parse these files and make some sense out of them. Visit the QVPR Analysis item on his QlikView tools page.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can try with a combination of System Monitor & Governance Dashboard.

Regards

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Those QDS scheduler properties already are available in "files", more precisely XML files which can be easily read by QlikView. On your server platform, have a look in directory C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR.

Note that this folder contains almost everything the QMC is capable of configuring.

rwunderlich has a nice tool to parse these files and make some sense out of them. Visit the QVPR Analysis item on his QlikView tools page.

Best,

Peter

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yeah, I totally forgot about the QVPR Analysis tool. It's great!

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Alejandro,

I'll study this solution. But my question is quite simple :

"I need QMC informations (logged in Qlikview System Data files for example  ,... ) ,to build a map of all tasks scheduled. At this time, we have tens of active tasks in the QMC scheduler ,inter-acting themselves..

These data  files (if existed) could be loaded into  a Qlikview application.So  I wish i could have a sort of global vision

of all the tasks scheduled.

Best regards

Joe 

Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

Actually, i found in the Directory C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR  3 interesting xml files

TaskCategory , TaskDepedency ,Trigger.

Their contents seem quite not simple to be operated.'ll have a look.

Best regards