Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
jblomqvist
Contributor II

Help: Is there a way to stop a frequently reloading QlikView app during certain period of the day?

Dear all,

Is there a way to stop a reload task for a certain time of the day?

I have a published app that reloads every 30 minutes every day, and I would like it to stop reloading between 5am and 8am.

Is there a way to do this?

6 Replies
adamdavi3s
Honored Contributor

Re: Help: Is there a way to stop a frequently reloading QlikView app during certain period of the day?

Assuming you are not using publisher?

If so then just add a cheeky little line in the top of your code which says something like (sorry if the syntax is slightly out)

if hour(now()) >5 and hour(now()) <8 then

exit script

end if

jblomqvist
Contributor II

Re: Help: Is there a way to stop a frequently reloading QlikView app during certain period of the day?

Hi Adam,

We have Publisher. Would that make it easier?

adamdavi3s
Honored Contributor

haha I think so yes, but I haven't used publisher myself but this thread should help

Scheduled Report in QlikView

jblomqvist
Contributor II

How can I do that using the Publisher? Is there an example?

adamdavi3s
Honored Contributor

Sorry I thought that link had an example but it doesn't appear to have.

I'm afraid I will have to defer to someone else as I don't have experience in this area, hence why I use the above code, stalwar1‌ have you got publisher experience?

I would say create two tasks

1) Run only between 12:00 AM and 5 AM

2) Run only between 8:00 AM and 11:59 pm

Capture.PNG

Community Browser