Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Section Access

Hi All,

I am trying to implement section access in my Qlikview application. I found a document on Section Access which is posted on this community too. All I am seeing in that is we need to provide a list of users and their password through an inline or external database source.

My requirement is a bit different. I want my application to have section access based on the windows username and password. Basically I want the user to open up a Qlivkiew document through an access point on a web browser (example IE) and that way there could be any system fields set up that could just take the username through IE and provide user with the required data. I don't want to maintain passwords or give it to my users. Qlikview should filter the data through username. 

Thank you. I would really appreciate your response on this.

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please read up on Section Access in the Qlikvew Ref Guide for your release. What you are asking for -- authentication and filtering based on Windows userid (NTNAME) -- is a standard feature of Section Access.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob. I am sorry, I couldn't figured it out before.

I used the NTNAME and it works fine. Qlikview is verifying the credentials and filtering the data. The problem is with when I access through an access point (Internet Explorer), I am getting an error that file is corrupt and its not working for any user. Do you have any solution for this?

Thanks!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't have any ideas on this, sorry. You might try searching the forums for the exact error message you seeing. If you can't find any threads, I suggest contacting support.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If I got the problem right - Section Accesss based on NTNAME works locally but not on QV Server - the most likely reason is the security restrictions on the file system level.  that is, users can see the file but don't have permissions to open it.  If it's not the reason - go to QlikTech support as Rob suggests.

Regards,

Michael