Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with an error on task reload - Exception=System.IO.IOException

I am receiving the below error when I run a job in publisher. This task is accessing a file that is unique to the task, so there isnt another job running that would access this file. Has anyone experienced this or resolved it themselves? Please let me know if I need to explain this a litter further.

Error: Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file '*DOCPATH and NAME*' because it is being used by another process.

Error: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Error: at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

Error: at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

Error: at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

Error: at System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

Error: at QVBWrapper.Document.ReadDocumentLogThread(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DateTime i_ReloadStartTime)

Error: Aborting Reload. Error=QDSMain.TaskResult

Error: Reload was aborted.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is there a virus scanner on the machine running?

Seems that an other process is accssing the file and so QVP is not able to access (rename, reload) the qvw ...

Has the publishe run before without any erros or is this a new installation?

Which Version? QV9 SR5? SBE or EE Server?

Regards

Michael

Not applicable
Author

After doing some investigation, it seems like McAfee is blocking the DS from working at random points during the day. I have 2 jobs that run daily, one on the hour and the other at 10 after the hour. They both run about 45 seconds each and do no access the same data. Last night they ran on their schedule, both failed at 12 and 12:10, 1 and 1:10, then at 3 but NOT at 3:10, then both failing again at 5 and 5:10.

So its sporadically failing throughout the 24 hour period it has run and the failed time stamps line up with McAfee's AccessProtectionLog file when the ip and port 25 were brought into question.

You have any suggestions on this?

Not applicable
Author

Hi ssmorris,

we have an similar error here wich keeps the DS form comleting the Tasks sucessfully. It fails at the end when trying to renaming TaskResult_XXXXX.xml to TaskResult_XXXXX.xml.old. It leaves the Pubisher task in an uncertaint state and we are not able to start the task again. After restarting the DS it seams to work again.

It seams that the virus scanner (Trend Micro Office Scan) has nothing to do with that issue because we have excluded this directory from beeing scanned.

We have a complex setup with distributed servers for DS and QVS and CC. The Jobs are scheduled external by UC4. And we have Version 9 SR 4 in production on Windows Server 2008 64x.

Any Ideas?

Boris

Not applicable
Author

Hi Boris

Sorry for the post jack but I'm very interested in the UC4 application that you are using for scheduling jobs. My client utilizes this application for all of their other existing schedule jobs and I would like to know more from anyone else using it with QlikView. Are you scheduling just reloads? Are you executing tasks from UC4?

We could take this offline as well since it doesn't really apply to this thread.

Regards,

JMS

Not applicable
Author

Hi JMS,

yes, same with my client. All Jobs scheduled by UC4. We implemented a solution for that.

contact me @bej@consurance.de Will you atted the partner summit in Miami? We can meet there.

Regards

Boris