Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hide application for users who have no license

Hello,

On my server, I have Document CAL.

On the access point, I would like to hide for a user the applications where he doesn't have a licence.

Exemple:

In the same folder, I have 2 applications :

- App_A → doc CAL for users A1 and A2.

- App_B → doc CAL for users B1 and B2.

When A1 log in the access point, he sees "App_A" and "App_B".

I would like he sees only "App_A".

I remember an option, but I don't remember where...

I don't want to find a workaround, I would like to know if the option "hide applications for users without license" exists, and if so, where?

7 Replies
nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I forgot to say that I don't want to use the section access (because I already have a tough one), and it's not possible to remove an access right for a file when the folder has the access.

If "my_folder" has read access for A1 and B2, I can't remove the read access only for the file "my_folder\App_A" to the user B2.

I don't want to switch to QMS.

I thought there was an option "hide application when the user don't have a licence to it", but I can't find where...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You can set the read access to individual qvw files rather than the folder, right?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I guess you dont have publisher? In case you have, just distribute to AD-groups or users.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You question is not properly cleared but as per my understanding you can do it using folder level security structure

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

No, I can't.

When you set a right to a folder, you can't remove it for it's sub-folders.

ATovOe1.png

I don't want to change the whole configuration of my server just for 1 application.

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I don't want to find a workaround, I would like to know if the option "hide applications for users without license" exists, and if so, where?