Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How AJAX version works? (report version not refreshing for user)

Hello,

I am trying to understand how Qlikview AJAX works... I have published new version of report (changed few columns)

but one of users (opening report in AJAX) is not able to see newly published version - still sees old one without new columns.

How does AJAX really work? does it cache report in browser? If so - how can I be sure that users will always see latest available report? I also spot that AJAX remembers Sheet on which user was before closing report, sometimes even selections made in report.

I tried completely closing browser, reopening it, removing last document state, I am clueless now

Can I force always getting new version of report from server, when using AJAX?

Regards!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

This could be due to a functionality on the server that allows more than one copy of the document in memory (to allow people to temporarily keep on working although the document is being refreshed).

To force the new document, you can either

• On the QMC, check "Allow only one copy of document in memory"
  • In the qvw document properties (Server - Refresh mode), set the mode to "Server performs refresh"

HIC

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

This could be due to a functionality on the server that allows more than one copy of the document in memory (to allow people to temporarily keep on working although the document is being refreshed).

To force the new document, you can either

• On the QMC, check "Allow only one copy of document in memory"
  • In the qvw document properties (Server - Refresh mode), set the mode to "Server performs refresh"

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your reply Henric!