Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How Can I restore the Named and Document licence list after upgrading my qlikview version from qlikview11 to 12?

I am using qv11 now and we are planning to upgrade our version to 12.Can you suggest, what are the possible ways of restoring the Named and Document Licence list after the up-gradation is done.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

CAL information is store in the CalData.pgo file and if you are just upgrading and not migrating to new hardware, then the upgrade itself shouldn't affect the allocated CALs. As a precaution, you should always back up the existing QlikTech directory and all .qvw file locations prior to upgrading.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Is there any suggestion?

herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Ff you make the backup of the PGO files in the root folder before upgrading is just to replace the new ones and start the Qlikview Server Service

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

CAL information is store in the CalData.pgo file and if you are just upgrading and not migrating to new hardware, then the upgrade itself shouldn't affect the allocated CALs. As a precaution, you should always back up the existing QlikTech directory and all .qvw file locations prior to upgrading.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!