Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olaf_bowe
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How can I change the bind address of the Management Console

Hi,

a quick question for which I could not find the solution in either the manuals nor the forums:

Since rebooting our (Win) server the QEMC/QMC does not bind (= listen on) to the localhost (127.0.0.1) address any more. Now it binds to a different IP address of this server (which has many addresses). Clearly to be seen using netstat.

As a result I cannot access the Q(E)MC any more with http://localhost:4780/qemc/, which is confusing to users, but have to use this IP address of the server instead of localhost . (And who knows which of the many addresses of this server will be used after the next reboot ...)

Thus: How can I configure the Q(E)MC to bind to a certain fixed IP address?

I could not find any setting like "bind address", "listener address", etc. in the various config.xml files, I am afraid.

Any help is very much appreciated. If there is something already written about this very problem, please point me to it.

Regards

Olaf

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Apparently QV listens on all available IP adresses, and found no fine configuration of theese. It seems to work fine as it is.

However, there might be something messed up in Windows networking. At any time, 127.0.0.1 and localhost must resolve to one of the local IP addresses. And QV should be listening there too. Ask your syadmin to look at IPv6, these are not always easy.

-Alex

Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately I cannot confirm your observation about "listens on all addresses":

While the Management Console upon start-up lists all available addresses in an "Information" entry in its log under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikviewManagementService\Log, it definitely does NOT bind all of them in my case.

As "netstat -a" clearly shows there is no process at all bound to 0.0.0.0:4780 (or 127.0.0.1:4780 for that matter), only to <certainip-address>:4780. 😞

Olaf

Not applicable

hi,

Looking at logs, there is line bellow listing all 3 network cards. Successfully connected to QEMC on all three. In netstat -n | find "4780" there are all 3 IP adresses.

Network Information=Connected: True, Hostname: XXXXX, IP Address 1: a.a.a.a, IP Address 2: b.b.b.b, IP Address 3: c.c.c.c,

There are many QV servers around, all have at least two network cards, and this is working fine with many releases of QV 8 and QV 9

-Alex

Not applicable

0.0.0.0 and 127.0.0.1 should be aliases to local computer. Time to call a good sysadmin

-Alex