Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I close the browser window when a user clicks the link in QV9 ?

Hi folks,

Please help me out here. I am trying to close the browser window ,once the user clicks the 'Logoff' link. Any help is appreciated.

In 8.5 it was easy to do it , where we have to customize the master file ..But QV9 looks different and am scratching my head on this one.

Mahalo!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

In C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\index.htm, there is a line:

<a href="#" avq="action:.Logout" style="display: none;"><span avq=".LogOff_text">Logout</span></a>

Define a JavaScript function that closes the window so that the line looks like this:

<a href="javascript:window.close();" avq="action:.Logout" style="display: none;"><span avq=".LogOff_text">Logout</span></a>

I haven't tested this, but it should work. I'm not sure if this would break the Logout functionality, but hopefully it won't.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

bump

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

In C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\index.htm, there is a line:

<a href="#" avq="action:.Logout" style="display: none;"><span avq=".LogOff_text">Logout</span></a>

Define a JavaScript function that closes the window so that the line looks like this:

<a href="javascript:window.close();" avq="action:.Logout" style="display: none;"><span avq=".LogOff_text">Logout</span></a>

I haven't tested this, but it should work. I'm not sure if this would break the Logout functionality, but hopefully it won't.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much,Vlad. This works.