Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do QlikView developers develope - Best Performance/Practice

Is there a preferred way for developers to develop QlikView document?

Are developers developing on their locate computer with a locate developer license and then puting on to the server for users to see using the IEPlug?

Or

Are you connecting to the QlikView server with something like RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol)?

Or

other methods?

Thanks,

Stephen

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I develop locally with my own copy of QlikView and my own license. However, I am alway connected to our network, and I store files directly on our development server. I do not store files locally. Typically, each file is only modified by a single developer, which avoids conflicts. It is rare that more than one developer needs to modify the same file, and this has so far been handled successfully by simply communicating to each other what we're doing. I wouldn't say that's the best practice, but it works fine for a small shop.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John.

Perhaps you can help me with this one too. We have remote Sales Managers. We want them to have access to a QlikView document that is on our server. There are a few ways to do this but can you suggest how companies are doing this?

Stephen

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, we don't have any situation like that, so I can't advise from personal experience.

But thinking like a Sales Manager that's out on the road, how I would like to connect is through a web site. I'd like to just have bookmarks in my browser for all of the QlikView applications that I actually need on the road. I don't want to have to worry about having a special piece of software, or remote controlling a PC on my desk in the office, or about connecting to the office network, or anything like that.

So off hand, I'd think we'd be talking about the IE plugin or the AJAX ZFC. You'd need a way to publish the application to a web site, and you'd need a way to manage security, probably through a login. I assume that QlikView Publisher supports that, since it seems like fairly basic functionality. But I don't have the experience to say HOW it supports it.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks again John. Have a great weekend - time for a drink - it's 5:00 somewhere.

Stephen