Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you deploy a QVW using a build server such as CruiseControl with NAnt

Hi,

I can't find anything on the web for what I thought would be a common problem.

We currently deploy builds of .NET code, etc. to our environments (System Test, UAT, Production) using NAnt Build scripts to compile the code and copy the dlls, etc.

Is there anyway to 'compile' QV project folders into their respective QVWs at the command line?

For example, I have a folder called InvestmentGradeReport-prj checked in under SVN but not the QVW as Qlikview Developer doesn't check this in by default. I now want to generate or build the QVW from this folder from command line (e.g. qv.exe /build InvestmentGradeReport-prj InvestmentGradeReport.qvw)

How can I do this?

3 Replies
mellerbeck
Creator II
Creator II

I've been thinking about this myself. What I'm thinking of doing is using the publisher to rebuild it, triggered by an EDX command.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When a qvw is opened, it's design is rebuilt using the contents of the -prj directory if present. So a typical build strategy would be:

1. Checkout or update the InvestmentGradeReport-prj to your target location.

2. Copy in to the target dir InvestmentGradeReport.qvw. This is a dummy & empty qvw that you have stored somewhere and will rename on the copy. It must be a real qvw, not just some file that you name with a *.qvw extenstion.

3. Reload the doc using Publisher or command line. That will populate the design and the data.

If you don't want prj files in your production folder, a variation of step 3 is to just open and save the file. That will populate the design. Then a step 4 copies the qvw to the production source folder.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks. That sounds sensible.

I'll give it a go