Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you go about generating static pdf reports from qlikview daily or weekly and automatically exporting them?

We have a group of low tech savy users who would like pdfs and we do not want to have to export them manually each time.

Thanks

8 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The easiest way is to license the PDF feature of Publisher.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

thanks.

just want to make sure were on the same page

I'm looking over the documentation and I do not see anything specifically about auto pdf generation.

http://www.qlik.com/us/~/media/Files/resource-library/global-us/direct/datasheets/DS-QlikView-Publisher-EN.ashx

I see that you can generate pdfs, but through the portal.

I'm talking about every morning someone gets a pdf emailed to them. Or we generate a thousand of them quarterly for a client who will not touch the qlikview service or client/server or know it exist.

Maybe once a month go to a folder on the databse and pull the pdfs and submit them to the client.

Something like that.

I did just find this

The QlikView Publisher Distribution Wizard reloads the data, generates multiple

PDFs, and delivers these reports directly to users' inboxes or specified network locations.

(Additional license required.)

How well does this work? Is it automated does anyone know?

thank you

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

andrewgb wrote:How well does this work? Is it automated does anyone know?

In my experience, it works very well. It's very automated. The generation and distribution of the PDF is done as a Publisher Distribution task, so it runs on schedule like any other task. You can also do loop and distribute, so for example, loop through each customer and send the reduced PDF to the associated customer.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi.. I want to how exactly we need to do this..

Can anyone please brief on how to configure this

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

See if this will help you.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I think this should work.. Thanks a lot Bill.

I'll just try and let you know

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

does this work for version 9... as we are using qlikview 9

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The setup for version 9 is a lot different. However, the functionality is there, but the users have to be in AD users to use email address. It was changed in version 11 to allow email address to be used in a table within the QVW. That way you could send them to people out side the domain.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.