Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

How much bandwidth does QlikView use?

Hi all,

Does anybody know how much bandwidth QlikView can use? Is there a way to limit it?

Thanks,

Karl

13 Replies
Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks Bill.

I agree with you. The amount of data is small compared to youtube videos etc. But this is not an answer my customer is satisfied They would like to know if their line will be a bottle neck or not, if the usage of Sense would be company wide and hopefully quite active at the same time.

As written to Karl - could we some how test this one? I am stupid when talking about network technologies, but would it be possible to measure some key actions for example by using some of our own demo from demo site?

Thanks,

Teppo

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

I agree with Bill, and I've never had any problems with QlikView breaking a customer's network.  However, I created this post so many years ago because I had the same situation with a customer that wanted to know exactly how much bandwidth should be dedicated to QlikView.  Again, I deal with several SAP customers and SAP does give them a recommendation.  I have no doubt IT departments that use SAP are unnecessarily difficult ot work with, but also Qlik has been slow in giving hardware and network recommendations.  They started giving hardware recommendation a couple years ago, so let's see if they are comfortable doing the same for the network recommendations.

Karl

Anonymous
Not applicable

Karl,  I'd love to hear the views you get from people in Copenhagen next week. I was at the London one a couple of years ago.  Do ask the presenters if they remember popping into Ronnie Scott's.

marcos_faria2
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

Did you have any answer?

Thx.