Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

How much does the anti-virus effect a servers performance?

Hi,

We've recently migrated onto a new server, which is hosted by our companies 3rd party suppliers.  As part of the Qlikview server installation we were unable overwrite the servers anti-virus settings to exclude the Qlikview folders and files from the anti-virus checking.

In order to for us to follow Qlikview's best practice and exclude these files and folders we need our 3rd party IT and our internal IT security teams to agree we can do this, which is proving difficult to organise.

so I was just wondering, does the anti-virus checks really make much of a difference to performance? Can anyone provide more detail of why the files and folders need excluding so I can provide these areas with more information?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mls
Former Employee
Former Employee

The performance difference I do not know, maybe someone else has information on that.

It would still be wise to exclude Qlikview files and folders from real time scanning. There are sometimes issues when antivirus causes a file not to open successfully, especially files which are read and written to often by the Qlikview services: frequently reloaded qvw files, or the .pgo files used by the QVS.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mls
Former Employee
Former Employee

The performance difference I do not know, maybe someone else has information on that.

It would still be wise to exclude Qlikview files and folders from real time scanning. There are sometimes issues when antivirus causes a file not to open successfully, especially files which are read and written to often by the Qlikview services: frequently reloaded qvw files, or the .pgo files used by the QVS.

francoiswiid
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

We have resolved a couple of issues with QVS licensing problems by excluding *.pgo files from the anti-virus real-time scans.

If anything, exclude those files.

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, thank you both for your replies.

We have a call setup with IT security tomorrow so I will be sure to add additional information around corruption of files and explain the impacts if this does happen.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable

Hi Michael,

I'm trying to build a good exclude list for qlikview servers, when you have f-secure antivirus installed.

Did you eventually solve it? and if yes, how?

Best regards

Andreas