Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How re-initialize the QVPR without losing existing QMC settings?

Hello

is it possible ? we suspect some corruption on the QVPR level (sometimes QVS cannot find paths of some documents to reload)

how can we correct the QVPR? or re-initialize it without losing other settings?

Thank you in advance

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I am not sure what you mean by other settings. However, I would contact support and see if they can help you find a solution to the problem.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

is it like you are moving your QVPR from one server to other? then you need to configure that?
Also, the tasks under previous QMC should be copied to this new server?

BR,

Avantika

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply, no in fact  the QVPR can be corrupted so to remove any doubts de're thinking abot correcting it, the only way to do so is by reinstalling the QVPR, but we're not sure if by  doing so we'll just reset the tasks on the qmc or  other parameters. we're not moving to any other server

Not applicable
Author

by other settings i meant , logging setting on the qmc, security, authentification, Services settings..

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Meriem,

There should be a backup folder under the QVPR directory. If you know about when the QVPR became corrupted, you can get a copy before that and try it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hello

There are no backups because there is no publisher license.

Thank you for your reply