Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

How to Open the PDF Help file on Button click

Hi All,

I have an requirement where i have to open the pdf file on a button click in Qv access point.I tried using the launch option available in Qlikview.I have given the application location where it exists,as well the file name.But i got the message

Failed to Launch C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\AcroRd32.exe.

Please let me know how can i open the pdf file in access point .

Regards,

Shiva

6 Replies
jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Have you tried using a textbox with the action "Open URL" ?

As your URL you can just put the location of your pdf (such as "c:\QlikView Reference Manual.pdf or a web address)

Hope this is what your looking for,

Jakob

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jakob,

I tried ur approach ..but still i got the same error

Failed to launch "E:\\x\y\XYZ.pdf'

Regards,

Shiva

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jakob,

I tried ur approach ..but still i got the same error

Failed to launch "E:\\x\y\XYZ.pdf'

Regards,

Shiva

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

See if this is what you are looking for. This will open a PDF called QV11_ThirdPartySoftware.pdf  located in the C:\Program Files\QlikView

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Britt,

The way you suggested works in QlikView Desktop edition.But in my current scenario this has to open through the qlikview access point.

Regards,

Shiva

Not applicable

Hi Shiva

I have got it to work of a button in Accesspoint and use the adobe client installed on the user client

1. Select action = Launch

2. in the application box I entered a variable that contains the full UNC path of the target document.

Note: if I wanted to use an adobe client instaled on the server i would just enter the location of the executable.

3. in the filename box I entered a variable that contains the full UNC path of the target document.

4. In the parameters box i entered soem acrobat paramneters e.g. "Tootbar=0" to suppress the acrobat toolbar.

Please remember that the button will not become active until you have reduced the number of documents being selected to1.

Cheers

Frank