cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to assign DOC CAL

HI all,

i'm following these steps to asign a doc cal.

go to user documents--> select the document ---> documents cals--> no. of documents cals assigned to this doc (1)

hit apply

--> add the user

hit apply and ran the application

as shown in attched screenshot

but still user couldn't able to see any application in access point ..

no section acess ... security by NTFS mode

what might be the reason any suggestions

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The problem is not the Doc CAL if the user don't see the document. It can be something on the NTFS Security Entries on the file. There you must allow the user to read the file. If you use a Publisher with distribution task you can at the user in the distribution part of the task.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The file have this user with read right and no group with this user with denied? The user use same LDAP login as in ntfs right is given? It dont matter if a Cal is avalible to see the document, you need the cal first time you want enter the doc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Jonas, thank for your reply ..

actually I didn't understand your question/response can you please explain your comment

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The problem is not the Doc CAL if the user don't see the document. It can be something on the NTFS Security Entries on the file. There you must allow the user to read the file. If you use a Publisher with distribution task you can at the user in the distribution part of the task.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yup excellent ...i'm not distributing that application to that user ..

Thanks alot it worked