Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to assigned a Document CAL & Named CAL to user

How to assigned a Document CAL & Named CAL to user?

Thanks in Advance..!!

21 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ok, then go to each document, click on the Document CALs tab, set the number 3 as "Assigned Document CALs to this document", and assign users in the form DOMAIN\USERNAME in each document.

Regards.

-Miguel

Not applicable
Author

okay, thanks Miguel

Its really helpful.

But I got the reply from this forum, that we can used 1 publisher for DEV & PROD both. In that case we need to map the paths.

krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor

CAL.png

This is the CAL data available for a report file, still i could not find the "assign CAL" button below.

Only list of users is seen

There is "Manage users" icon where i can search for users, but when searched, nothing happens!!

Please help me to add one more user to the document

Thanks in advance

KRS

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem.

Exist 4 users allocated to the document cal. I want put more 5 document cal, but one messagem is show me, to many document cals allocated.

I wait 24hrs for put the 5 document cals.

Whats the problem?

Regards.document_cal.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Hi try this

Go to

QlikView Enterprise Management Console, System tab, "Licenses" menu, click on QlikView Server and on the right pane select "Limitations" tab in that u can change the clas CALS.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

the other analyst change the name for the qvw, and some licenses be lost.

So, i descovery the old name, create a new qvw, and put the old name, and recovery the others licenses.

So, now i use the licenses we need.

Thanks for the help.

Not applicable
Author

For more help,

you need write in Number of CALs allocated to this document the quantity licenses you need give, and before put the Assigned Users, and last click in Apply.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Miguel.

I've accidentally deleted a file with CAL assigned to it, and I've also forgotten the file name.

now i have 1 CAL less, is there any way i can get that CAL back?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Yes, There is have a look at attached document

Regards

ASHFAQ

YYes there is
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Ashfaq

Thank you for your solution,sounds easy enough .

must I follow a particular rule when stopping a service?
as i remember something someone telling me along the lines of " if one service stops, then you must stop all services, and restart it all in a particular order? " could you please confirm.

Regards

Bon.