Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

How to clear all tasks and triggers on a publisher

How do I clear all tasks and triggers in QlikView Publisher?

This is my scenario.

I have two environments A and B. I want frequently to replicate the tasks from A on into environment B.

1. I I use Remote Management Services (Import tasks) to do the initial replicate on to B.

2. I make changes in environement A and I want these changes to be deployed on B

3. I run Import Tasks again.

4. The result is a duplicate setup of all tasks.

I'm trying to find a method where I could remove / delete all tasks from environment B before running tot Import Tasks the second and third time.

I've localized the ProgramData folder for ManagementService (QVPR) and DistributionService and believe that the answer lies within on or both of these folders.

I'm thankful for all input to this question.

Vegar L. Arntsen

10 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Clearing the QVPR folder will remove all tasks, triggers and stuff from the reach of QMS-QMC, effectively resetting the entire Publisher DB. However, I don't know if that isn't a bit too drastic.

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

That was my thought also. I want to enter with a surgical knife and remove only the neccesary stuff.

Most of all would I like to do this from the QMC in the future.

Not applicable

Hi Vegar,

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\Tasks

location (default I think) holds the task XML files, should just be able to delete those only before doing your import

hope that helps

Joe

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

Joe is right you will fins task information here

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\Tasks

First take backup of C:\PdogramData\Qliktech folder

Off all Qlik services

Delete C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService folder

Restart services and apply task again.

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

Ashfaq Mohammed

No, that does not work. When deleting that folder it will be recreated when I restart the Distribution Service.My guess is that the solution is found within QVPR, but I've not been able to figure it out. If I delete the QVPR folder the service does not start.

Anyone else that have a suggestion or experience on this issue?

Not applicable

hmm have a look within

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Workorders\xxxxxxx

xxxx will be a long key folder name, within that you will find work order task xml's, I think if you delete those out and then restart the service the tasks will be removed.

I would give that a try and see

hope that helps

Joe

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

I dropped the folder and both  services stated without problems. But I did not get any change to the tasks our triggers.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm leaving this issue unsolved and try to update it if I ever find a solution to it.

Not applicable

And the folder regenerated for you with all the xml files present again?

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

No, the Workorders folder does not change when I empty it.