Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

How to copy scheduled tasks from one server to another ?

Hello,

I have a Qlikview Server 12.1 SR7 with no publisher but a lot of scheduled reload tasks.

I want to migrate the windows server to a new one.  Everything is easy to copy (applications, settings, installations) but I don't know how to copy scheduled reload tasks on the new server (with the same version and same documents).

How can I do ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It doesn't matter whether you have a Publisher or not (in fact you always have a Publisher, but without a license the QMC doesn't let you configure the more advanced techniques), the QVPR is the same.

Many files in the QVPR folder will contain default values that will never be used or modified without a Publisher license (ex. PauseTask.xml) so you could try to make an inventory of all QVPR files that have been modified and copy those to your new machine. But don't forget to translate all hostnames lurking inside your xml files.

A possible strategy wherein you may copy too much but that's only to save time:

1. Install QV on new server.
  2. Create directories and copy documents and related files from previous server to new one.
  3. Copy entire QVPR fileset to same location on new server.
  4. Edit hostnames in a few xml files (see the other discussion)
  5. Start QV services
  6. (Re)configure your new server in QMC and check whether the reload tasks are OK.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vikasmahajan

Refer this you can copy QVPR folder with selective files from old to new server

Export / Import Tasks from QMC

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, I'm looking at that directory.

But the solution linked talks about Publisher.

I don't have Publisher folder in my QVPR

I presume I need to copy Trigger.xml and DocumentTask.xml ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It doesn't matter whether you have a Publisher or not (in fact you always have a Publisher, but without a license the QMC doesn't let you configure the more advanced techniques), the QVPR is the same.

Many files in the QVPR folder will contain default values that will never be used or modified without a Publisher license (ex. PauseTask.xml) so you could try to make an inventory of all QVPR files that have been modified and copy those to your new machine. But don't forget to translate all hostnames lurking inside your xml files.

A possible strategy wherein you may copy too much but that's only to save time:

1. Install QV on new server.
  2. Create directories and copy documents and related files from previous server to new one.
  3. Copy entire QVPR fileset to same location on new server.
  4. Edit hostnames in a few xml files (see the other discussion)
  5. Start QV services
  6. (Re)configure your new server in QMC and check whether the reload tasks are OK.

Best,

Peter

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok I'll try to do that next time.

I have configured too much things now to be able to copy all files again and re-do the config

Thanks