Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a licence analyser .qvw file ....?

Hi All

I want a .qvw file to analyse my CALs Details , how many document CALs are been used, how many document CALs are still not been assigned & the same for the named CALs also. and apart from this who , when the user last visited all such details are  also required.

Kindly suggest me how to create a xml file to load the data.

Thanks in Advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You have to add the setting PgoAsXmlAlso=1 to the settings.ini file that is located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

This setting needs to be under the [Settings 7] section. You will need to stop the QVS service to save the file and then restart it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Satish,

There are many such applications available to analyze this.

Like governance Dashboard

System Monitor

and even look at below links as well.

License_Analyser_K3FDS.qvw

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq ,

I tried with the same governance application the steps that I followed were,

1. Stopped All the QlikView Services .

2.C:\Program Data \QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings File (Configuration settings File)

3. Edited it with a new line in setting 7

4.The New Line was PgoAsXMLAlso =1 at the end of the setting file and saved to same file.

5.Restarted the Qlikview Services.

But I could not find any Xml file in the path mentioned , in-fact the folder path itself is not available.

Kindly correct me if am wrong.

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You have to add the setting PgoAsXmlAlso=1 to the settings.ini file that is located at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

This setting needs to be under the [Settings 7] section. You will need to stop the QVS service to save the file and then restart it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill

It worked fine for me ,The mistake that is did was that i placed the new line into the Authentication section instead of the setting 7 section.

Thanks

SATHIS