Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create user in Qlik view Server 11

Hi,

How to manage it in Qlikview Server, I cant able to create it and i cant able to view under any named users or authenticated users.

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Which version of QlikView are you running? Did you read my answer to your previous post? Are you running as a QlikView Administrator local group member?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Note: I move this discussion into the Deployment Community where it makes more sense.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I saw your answer. But in that Manage user tab only i didnt find any users. I am working on Qlikview 11.

Please give brief the Explanation.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

There is a Server Reference Manual along with the Server installer that you can download and use. To create a user in the Active Directory, you better get to your System Administrator. Once the user already exists in the AD, then you can add it to the QMC, Documents, User Documents, Authorization tab (DMS) or in the QMC, Licenses area.

If you are using DMS and Custom Directory, go to the QMC, System, Setup, Directory Service Connectors, Custom Directory, and add there a new custom directory and later its users.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Make sure the user running the service can access the active directory. If the user is a local user without network rights, QlikView will run fine but you will not be able to manually assign CALs in QV11 using the manage user tab (works fine in QV10 btw). To remedy this you can specify a different user in the QEMC: System > Setup > Directory Service Connectors > DSC@servername > Active Directory > specify path, username & password for a user with appropriate network rights > Apply.