Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james
Creator III
Creator III

How to delete a document in 9.0 Access Point?

All,

In our 8.5 Environment, we could delete a file already published through Public Data\AccessPoint Documents

Now in 9.0, how can you delete the same file? E.g. you rename a distribution task and the new doc appears and the old one is still there

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Simply put, the file is there because it exists in the server folder (i.e. whatever folder is defined in the QVS --> Folders tab). You can either manually delete it or remove all users' security permissions to the file, which would also result in it not being displayed in the AP. If the files are named logically, you can also write a batch script that would delete old files. I hope I understood your question correctly...

Regards,

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Vlad, what I mean is once the documents are published thru Publisher, eg 24 reduced docs with different names, I cannot figure out how to delete the Published docs stored in "QlikView AccessPoint".

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Interesting question. I would do it like this:

1. Create a new mount in the AP. This mount will contain all the files that will be outputted daily, as well as all the files from the day before.
  2. Go to QEMC --> System --> Supporting Tasks tab. Expand the tree and create a new External Program task with the following Command Line Statement: del "d:\test\*.*" /Q (where d:\test is replaced by the path to the mount created in Step #1). Give the task a name. Under the Triggers tab, create a Schedule trigger that will run the task on the same schedule as you are currently using to reduce & distribute documents. Save the task.
  3. Modify your Publisher task to output the reduced files to the new mount.
  4. Inside the Publisher task, click the Triggers tab. Delete the existing Schedule trigger, and add a new trigger that will run On Event From Another Task. Make the task run on Successful completion of the new task you created in Step #2.
  5. If you would like Publisher to reduce and distribute the documents even if deletion of the files failed for some reason, create a second trigger that will make the task run on Failed completion of the above task.
  6. Save the Publisher task.

That should do the trick--all the files from the previous day will be deleted before new ones are outputted.

Regards,

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Vlad, we actually just had to log in as the user defined in qlikview and it did the trick, it was all permissions related. Thanks for the tip

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Oh, ok. My answer above was assuming that you wanted to do it automatically. Glad you figured it out.

Regards,