Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galrion82
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to delete a task in QlikView Server 9

This week i installed QVS 9 version 9.0.7320 R2; before we were using version 8.5.

i used to reload the files with windows tasks because we didn't have a Publisher license.

In the new version i want to reload the files from the server because it's easier and i get a mail when the job fails to run. But i have a problem. If i delete a file, rename it or move it, the job remains in the list both in

QlikView Enterprise Management Console->Status->Tasks

and

QlikView Management Console-> Status

Is there any way to delete a job after it's been created? It's annoying to see entries for files that no longer exist.

!0x

Alecs

9 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

You have to delete reload task before deleting/changing file.

If you have already deleted file, and task remained, you can just create a file with the same name, delete reload task and again delete fake file.

Kind regards,

Janusz

galrion82
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

How do i delete the reload task? I didn't see any button for this and when i right click on nothing happens.

Alecs

Not applicable

Hi,

Open QlikView Management Console. Click on the User Document tab. Select document. Then select "None" option on the Reload tab, visible on the right hand side.

Don't forget to click "Apply" button 🙂

Regards,

Janusz

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Alecs,

I ran into this problem just last week. There is a serious bug in version 9. Janusz is correct that you need to delete the task before you delete the file. If you do it the other way around, even replacing the file later won't fix this bug. I contacted support and they identified this as follows: Bug #24596: In SR.2 we have the old behavior back with not being able to delete task when qvw file is deleted. The fix has been scoped for Version 10.0 which is scheduled to be released later this year.

The way I get around this problem is by manually deleting entries in the QVPR. Meaning, I go through the relevant xml files located by default in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Command Center\QVPR and delete all reference to the task. Also make sure you get rid of the task in your workorder xml files. This is quite an annoying workaround, but Qliktech confirmed there's no other way for now.

Regards,

galrion82
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vlad

I think you are right. I searched on the server for the xml files and i found 2 that seem relevant:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\Workorder.xml

and

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\StandardScheduleListClustered.xml

I tried to delete all the entries to these tasks, but i can't save the file - 'Access denied'. I think i'll wait till tonight when the server isn't used, close all QlikView Services (i think one of them is accessing the file and prevents me from overwriting it).

I'll tell you on monday if it worked.

10x for the info.

Have a nice day

Alecs

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Alecs,

First of all, there are a lot more than just 2 files. At a minimum you will need to check these files:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\Workorder.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Workorder.xml
Any file located in the folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\Workorders
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DistributionDetail.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DocumentTask.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\SourceDocument.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\TaskCategory
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\TaskDependency.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\Trigger.xml

Some of the files refer to task ID while some refer to task name; you will need to cross reference between the files. Be prepared for a very time consuming process (that, by the way, should not be attempted unless you are very comfortable editing XML files). The reason you are getting access denied errors is because you don't have NTFS permissions on the files (QlikView services reset permissions every ~1 minute). To edit these files, stop all QVS services and then add NTFS write permissions for your account on these files.

Regards,

Or
MVP
MVP

Just thought I'd poke in, since I ran into the exact same issue with QV10 SR1. I copied all of my files over from the production machine (running QV9) to an upgrade test server which already had reloads set up, since I wanted the freshest versions of the files. This left me stuck with dozens of stale reload tasks which I was not able to delete in any way - trying to delete them from the enterprise console (which I gather is the "fix" in version 10) only worked for some of the tasks while failing to do anything for others, and deleting / clearing out XMLs didn't seem to do the trick. I eventually gave up and just uninstalled QlikView Server, deleted all of the application data folders, and reinstalled from scratch, which thankfully worked. Not really an ideal solution, I have to say.

Not applicable

Hi,

We're running Client Build Number 10.0.9274.8 and I found Stephen's answer helpful, please see: http://community.qlik.com/thread/19242.

When you are in the Qlikview Enterprise Management Console, select the Status tab, followed by Tasks. Then select the pencil (Edit this task) next to the task that you would like to delete. A window will pop up and you should then select the Reload tab and then under Reload Scedule select None, followed by apply at the bottom and exit. When you refresh the view the task will be gone.

Hope this helps,

Charles

Not applicable

Hi,

I found the Abiskar's answer helpful from the below post.

Cheers,

Purvisha