Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to delete objects as user?

Hi there,

Some charts disappeared from one of our qvw files. Normal users only use Web Access Point to open this file. Power users could also use QV full client but only open this file by qvp.

Questions:

• Are there still possibilities to delete objects from qvw files?
  • Is there any log where I can see which user deleted that object?
5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you connect to the Server using a client (either it is the Plugin, Ajax or Desktop) the user will not be able to modify document objects or the script or saving the file, even if he would be able to change anything.

There are no QlikView logs, as far as I know, that trace when you create, delete or modify an object, unless you are using version control via SVN or TFS Source Control...

If you have lost any object that is not there (not hidden, but removed) I'd first check that the file has only been accessed with a client, and never with Desktop, File, Open...

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

How do I check that?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

You have to go to each computer that has QlikView Desktop installed, then in the start page check that the document does not appear, or if it does, the icon is the green QlikView document with a globe. Anyway, this list can be flushed...

You can check the document properties, Sheets tab for all the sheets and objects, even if they are hidden.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I already checked if the object is just hidden. It is not, it's really deleted.

QlikView is used as published application and developers are allowed to open files by open dialog. So, the list of recently used documents isn't really helpful.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Then I'm afraid you should have to use a backup copy of the file. Make sure that the document has the security settings all right (Settings menu, Document Properties, Security tab).

Hope that helps.

Miguel