Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to enforce only 1 session per doc CAL?

Hi All,

At the moment I can login to access portal (and reports) from multiple computers and browsers as the same user.  How can I set the server to only allow a single session per user who has a Doc CAL?

Cheers,

GPC

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AP access (landing page) is not easily restricted, as you're just visiting a web page (with or without thumbnails). Everybody can do that.

AP Documents can be opened by the same user only once on multiple different platforms. Earlier sessions will be disconnected. You can recover the previous session by simply refreshing the page, but that will disconnect the last session.

On a single platform, a user can open the AP multiple times without any restriction that I know of (std configuration).

To limit the number of simultaneous sessions a user can have, you can create a custom landing page/login page that checks sessions and accounts and refuses to open a new one if a certain limit has been reached. Somebody has already done that before. Search the community, you'll find something.

Peter

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you can login from different computers at the same time you are using session CALs. Users CALs would stop this from happening.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.