Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iliyansomlev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to fix Open in server connection restart

Dear all,

Can you please advise me how to fix this problem. The QVS installation is 8.2, it is pretty old and I think it has no QV WebService with it, so connection to server is set with IIS (IIS Admin Service is started on the machine).

Client is local machine with QV Desktop installed on it. Licenses are User CALS defined on the server via Machine ID; user local machine ID is confirmed to be the correct one (the same as the license machine ID). Anonymous is allowed by domain (or by local machine - both lead to the problem that is described here). If anonymous is prohibited connection is not occurring.

The user opens the app locally with desktop that connects to server with Open In Server functionality. But every 5 minutes a message appears that connection is lost and app is closed (see attached pic) then the user has to reopen the app and 5 more minutes later it is severed again. I have applied also part of the event log files. There are no clusters - only 1 QV server. I suspect the settings of IIS have to do with this problem but I don't know where these settings are. The user told me they did not have this problem in the past but since some time ago it appeared.

Thank you.

0 Replies