Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to generate AJAX files with QVS 9.0

In our 8.5 environment we have a Server/Publisher that publishes our documents as AJAX files on a remote machine, from which a second QVS serves them up. To accomplish this, we're using a "QlikView Server Resource". Its "Zero foot print client files" setting is set to a UNC path on the remote server and the "Zero foot print client files url" setting is the root HTTP path on the second QVS. We then set up our distribution tasks to publish to that QlikView Server Resource. Voila! We have directories containing the pre-compiled HTML files that our second QVS can now serve up.

I've been trying to replicate this in a 9.0 dev environment, but I can't seem to figure out how. I haven't found the equivalent of the QlikView Server Resource or any other information on how to publish the standalone HTML files for AJAX. It seems as though the AJAX is now just generated on the fly from the AccessPoint, but we do not plan to deploy that way.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Jim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Jim,

Why don't you just publish the QVW (in QVW form) to some shared directory, then set up the 2nd server to read the QVW from that shared directory and open it in AJAX mode, where it will generate AJAX on the fly?

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Jim,

Why don't you just publish the QVW (in QVW form) to some shared directory, then set up the 2nd server to read the QVW from that shared directory and open it in AJAX mode, where it will generate AJAX on the fly?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Vlad. I got a similar answer from QV tech support late last Friday. It wasn't clear to me from the documentation that they had dropped the feature that used to allow you to pre-generate the AJAX pages from a Publisher job. Hopefully this approach will be easier.

Jim