Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarora12
Creator
Creator

How to get Document CALs back from qvws no longer in use?

I have 750 total document CALs and I can track about 732 of them.  The remainder seem to be assigned to old documents but I cannot get them back.

I went through and looked at all the old documents in other environments to see if any of them had CALs assigned but did not find any..

Is there a way to clean up my environment, to get all the licenses back?

Please see screen print attached for details

Thanks

Rick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Rick,

Check QMC > Documents > User Documents and look for QVWs with names in all caps below the user docs folders. These are the qvw files which have Doc CALs assigned which have been moved, renamed, or deleted on the Windows side.

Refer to the Qlik Support article How to Recover Document CALs Assigned to a Deleted QVW for guidance. If you need further assistance, open a support request with Qlik Support.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Rick,

Check QMC > Documents > User Documents and look for QVWs with names in all caps below the user docs folders. These are the qvw files which have Doc CALs assigned which have been moved, renamed, or deleted on the Windows side.

Refer to the Qlik Support article How to Recover Document CALs Assigned to a Deleted QVW for guidance. If you need further assistance, open a support request with Qlik Support.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
rarora12
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the helpful links Chip!!

I was able to follow them and create an xml version of the pgo file.

The only thing I would add is - make sure you follow the instructions EXACTLY    

Add the following line beneath the line [Settings 7]

PgoAsXmlAlso=1 in the Settings.ini file.

I added the Pgo... as the last line and it did not work for me until I went back and added it as instructed

Thanks a lot!!

Rick