Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get LEF.txt file from Vendor if Internet is not accessible

Hi,

We are trying to setup Qlikview for customer, but their Qlikview server is not allowed access to the internet.  Therefore, we need to get the LEF.txt file from Qlikview. I would like to know how to get LEF information from Vendors?

Any suggestions. Thanks,

Vijaya

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Chooco,

Please get in touch with your account manager or support so that they can verify your license ownership and issue you the control number.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Hi David

David Vasseur wrote:

you can also go there and enter the serial (other info are not needed):???

Can you please elaborate little more in detail? I couldn't understand you...

I just wanted to know is it possible to update the license without control number? I have license key but lost the control number

Thanks,

qlikviewforum

dde
Employee
Employee

qlikviewforum wrote:

I just wanted to know is it possible to update the license without control number? I have license key but lost the control number

The simpliest answer is you can't.  As stated by Johannes you will have to talk to your Partner or QlikTech to obtain your Control Number.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, you will have to have both.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Thanks Dave and Bill

Just wanted to know whether the license will be enabled if we manually generate the LEF using http://lef1.qliktech.com/manuallef/ only with the seriel key and then create a text file with Lef.txt by copying the LEF details in that and then copying the Lef.txt into the below location.

Windows Vista/7 - C:\Program Data\QlikTech\QlikView

Windows XP       -  C:\Documents and Settings\ username \ Application Data\ QlikTech \ QlikView

Please answer!

dde
Employee
Employee

I don't know because I would never support such an approach.

If you legally own the licence key serial number it would only be a quick phone call to your Partner (or QlikTech if you purchased direct) to get hold of your control number.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Yes you are correct! Even I don't support such approach.

But as I read somewhere that with the use of LEF which is manually generated we can enable the license. So I was little surprised about the about the security. Now as it does need the control number I am totally satisfied with the security.

As recommended I will surely get in touch with the QlikTech to get the control number.

Thanks for your response!