Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide a object in the qlikview report to the users

I need to know is there any way we can hide the object in qlikview report to the users.

Thanks in advance!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Here is how you can hide any object inside QlikView based on user profile -

Add a flag against each of the user in your section access data.. Once the section access data is loaded, load that table as part of the application as well -

Load
USERID,
USERNAME,
ACCESS,
FLAG
resident
[ACCESS_CONTROL];

Later you can attach a condition in the objects that you want to hide/show using Properties-->Layout-->Conditional. Condition can be as simple as FLAG=1

I would be interested to hear if there is any other option to do this..

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Simplest way is to use QVUser() function to hide objects based on the user name.

Example:

Properties-->Layout-->Conditional. Condition can be as simple as QVUSER() = 'User1' or QVUSER()='User2' or ........ so on.

- Sridhar

james
Creator III
Creator III

QVUSer() does not work for documents sent out using publisher from what I can see.

Any ideas on that one?

it comes up blank

Not applicable
Author

Follow the above instructions and use SUM(FLAG)>=1 Condition in the Conditional Show.It will work it our

Not applicable
Author

Above instructions means instructions given by nrbhattad replied on 06-04-2009 5:47 Smile

Not applicable
Author

If you are using Microsoft Active Directory user names and NTNAME with Publisher, you can use the OSUser function to determine the logged on user.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

i couldn´t use QVUser (as user said, the object disappears) and i don´t know how to use the option on the script. How can i do to filter users to can see o not some objects.

Thank you very much!

pablo

Not applicable
Author

Here is what I do. I presume you can substitute QVUser for OSUser depending on whether you are using QV security...

I believe if you open the application w/o data, the value of the variable gets cleared and you have to re-add it. (Annoying "feature".)

1) Variable (vUser) with a value of =OSUser() which causes QV to call that function and return the userid. For testing, create a text box with the value of =vUser to see the value of it.

2) Make the item(s) you want the user to see / not see conditional. For example vUser='domain\SALLEN'

• Sheet properties / General tab / "Show Sheet" / conditional...
  • Object properties / Layout tab / "Show" / conditional...

Not applicable
Author

James, have you tried OSUser() ?