Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

How to hide the AccessPoint URL from the user?

I am running QV9 with IIS 7. All my users access the QV documents through Ajax client. I have a couple of questions for this environment:

1. I am trying to setup direct access URL for users to access the QV document directly instead of going through the AccessPoint frontend. I can use the following URL directly and this works:

http://server/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=localhost%7CTESTApp.qvw&client=Ajax

I would like to make the URL more user friendly (something like http://Server_Name/TESTApp) instead of the long URL name. What are my options and how do I go about doing that?

2. Also, when the Ajax page opens, the IE Tab shows "TestApp.qvw - QlikView" as the name on the tab. I would like to change this to something that's specific to the application name (example: "Your TestApp"). How would I go about doing that?

Thank you.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Eventually, I was able to do this by using using "Forward with Masking" capabilities from our domain services provider.  Works like a charm.

3 Replies
quwok
Contributor III

Hi Umesh,

you can pre-generate the ajax files. This way you can create IIS virtual folders for each QlikView application, giving you the more friendly URL.

Additionally, if you are going the pre-generated route, the document title will be used as your ie/tab title. You can set the title in your QlikView document under Settings > Document Properties... > General where you'll see a Title field. Alternatively, you can edit the generated HTML pages.

However one thing i have noted is that the pre-generated code seems to be inferior to the code that is spit out by QlikView Server.

Hope this helps

Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I have used the pregeneration in QV8.5, but have realized exactly what you mention, that the recommendation is to avoid using the pregenerated code if possible.

I was hoping that there are some workaround or file edits that might allow me to use AccessPoint and still get what I am looking for under IIS 7.

Not applicable

Eventually, I was able to do this by using using "Forward with Masking" capabilities from our domain services provider.  Works like a charm.