Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teppo_Ojala
Former Employee
Former Employee

How to manage bookmarks in QV

Hi,

I have a customer who has a big QV environment. This environment is also quite old and during the years, end users has done hundreds or thousands of bookmarks. Some of those are not needed any more and some does not even work, maybe the data model has changed or some field has been assigned as "always one selected value". When this is turned on, some bookmarks just don't work.

My question: has anybody done a work-around solution to manage (mainly removing or editing) bookmarks in QV environment. Or is this even possible? Maybe this could be a QVW file that reads some log files from QV server (?) With this app admin user could select a set of bookmarks for removal and then some macro would delete the selected ones.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView to extract / remove bookmarks from the .shared files of the QV documents.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Great -- thanks for the tip. I downloaded the power tools, and opened the SharedFileViewer tool but can't see how to delete bookmarks. Am I using the wrong tool? Thanks!