Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to permanently remove quaranined until

I set up a new user, but every day she is getting a message saying she can't access QlikView, and when I go to her Document CAL she has a Quarantined Until time next to her name.  I keep removing this, but the next day she has the same problem.  How do I stop this happening every day?

I also set up another user, who isn't accessing QlikView as regularly, and every day when I go in to remove the above quarantine, this other user has been deleted from the list of Document CALs.

We have 36 CAL's available, and I have 31 assigned users.

Thanks

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you delete the Doc CAL it is put in quarantine for 24 hours. After that 24 hours the Doc CAL can be assigned to a user again. Every time you delete that Doc CAL the user won't be able to use it and it will be quarantined for the next 24 hours.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Quarantine state only occurs when a document has been used within the last 24 hours. You cannot remove a quarantine within those 24 hours of forced disuse.

A CAL (Document or Named) that hasn't been used for more than 24 hours (for example a user that has left the company weeks ago) can be removed (unassigned) immediately and will not go into quarantine mode.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I haven't deleted this Doc CAL though, she's just been set up as a normal user, I don't know why it keeps deleting one user, and putting another in quarantine.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You may find out more about who is doing this by checking the Events logs of the QlikView server. In those logs, every assignment or revocation of a CAL is documented. AFAIK it's farily simple to read the relevant lines in a QVW.

See also here: How to get the date on which a document CAL/user was assigned to a document

Best,

Peter