Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to publish a dashboard with a variable name

Hi all,

I have a dashboard that uses an external parameter in its script to determine the required data. I would like this dashboard to be published in a certain folder and with a certain name based on this parameter. Is this possible (with publisher for example)?

Thanks,

Erik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I belive you just reference the parameter variable name in the "Reduced Document Name" box on the Reduce tab.

%ScriptParameter%

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

See the below screen shot.

QV11-2012-10-22-11-34-43.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I belive you just reference the parameter variable name in the "Reduced Document Name" box on the Reduce tab.

%ScriptParameter%

Capture.PNG

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Roy,

You are correct. I missed read the post and was showing how to do the reductions. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys! That's it. Was about to have a comand line copy and paste the file and rename is based on the parameter and then run it.

Cheers!