Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to redirect to another application through open server?

Hi,

I have this scenario, on my application I created a button, that once it is click, it will open an application. This application works in browser. The problem is that, I tried to open or view the application that has a button - not in browser, but I open it through OPEN SERVER instead. So what happen is that, when I click the button, an error occur.

So it is possible to open an application through just a click of a button embedded in the current application? When it is open not in browser, it is open in OPEN SERVER? Because when it runs in browser, the button works.

openappserver.png

Hope will find solutions.

Thanks,

Bill

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I guess the answer to this could vary depending on your set-up. One solution would be (if you are using the Open Qlikview Document' action as Rob mentioned) to set your link path in the action to something like this

qvp://niromo/Films.qvw where the set-up is qvp://[Your Server Name]/[Your Document].qvw

The above works as long as you have the document "open in server". If you however save the document locally on your computer then you would have use a different link, one that points to the actual location of document. You could achieve this by using the function ComputerName(), something like

If (ComputerName() = [Server Name], then this link else this link. Use a variable or put the expression straight into the "action".

Now this works for me in my set-up but as mentioned this could vary depending on user permissions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you using the 'Open Qlikview Document" action in the button? Or another method?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Am using 'OPEN QLIKVIEW DOCUMENT'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I guess the answer to this could vary depending on your set-up. One solution would be (if you are using the Open Qlikview Document' action as Rob mentioned) to set your link path in the action to something like this

qvp://niromo/Films.qvw where the set-up is qvp://[Your Server Name]/[Your Document].qvw

The above works as long as you have the document "open in server". If you however save the document locally on your computer then you would have use a different link, one that points to the actual location of document. You could achieve this by using the function ComputerName(), something like

If (ComputerName() = [Server Name], then this link else this link. Use a variable or put the expression straight into the "action".

Now this works for me in my set-up but as mentioned this could vary depending on user permissions.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help. I had tried it already. It works!

qvp://[Your Server Name]/[Your Document].qvw